Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Difference is Incredible!~

Learning to work with photos more....especially since I'm EYEING up photography courses and heading in a more professional direction! Can you spot the difference? Love the life it adds. (You'll need to scroll down to compare photos and I've given you a clue above!)

In other news.....National Scrapbooking Day! LOVE this day, make sure you visit here http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/scrapbookfun/ and join in on the fun. http://www.memories-revisited.co.nz are the only NZ Store I know of that is joining in on the USA date but I'm sure there will be lots more! Check out Memories Revisited store from Friday on for specials. Received a host of new idea books from http://www.kiwiscraps.co.nz today and will review and post HONEST AND UNBIASED reviews later in the week. I hate buying books unseen and unreviewed so might even add some page examples for you to see what the 'guts' of the books is like. If you love books and mags, I've also just had a massive clean-out and have heaps for sale at $3 a copy for mags....Books will be at least 50% off original price and I'll pop the list up tomorrow.

Also signed up to do Nic Howard's Online Crop.....this is going to be sooo much fun! No idea how it works but a Wednesday evening with a bunch of women, completing an awesome page and yet still in my PJ's and surrounded by my favourite coffee and all my scrapbook tools close at hand, has gotta be good right???? Who wouldn't want to do that! Might even try and get some of the Crossed Paths girls to join in.....I love the online crop idea, anyone, anywhere, anytime can be a part of it. Check out Nic's "Sneak Peek" on her Blog http://www.nichoward.blogspot.com/ Let her know I sent you and if you decide to join in....sorry Nic but I didn't buy the pack! just paid for your awesome input and decided to use up some of the stuff I already have......let me know. Cool!

For 2Peas fans and followers.....they have sold and you can read the announcement on the site. I got up yesterday morning to find an email from two US girlfriends....with very different responses. One is ecstatic and hopes they will clean up the NSBR Board, overhaul the Store and have some moderators sort a few things out...she can't wait for change. The other hates change and wants it to stay the same, doesn't think there is anything wrong and LOVES her daily dose of peas. I can see that the whole issue is going to divide into two camps. Those who love change and those who don't.....Me???? Well it depends on the kind of change...as long as they don't touch the Photography Board then I'm happy. LOL, maybe I'm not a change girl after all!

Finally.....tomorrow I'm off to Spotlight....yes I hate that they are selling American Crafts stuff because now it isn't "special" but when it comes to Bazzill that cheap, well with four kids who just needed new winter uniforms, Crafting Connection, ballet fees, piano fees and all that new camera gear I want......I can't pass up 79 cents a sheet.

Up2Scrap is out next week I think......I have a layout and the other half of the Travel Article in this edition. Sent more work but it couldn't be accommodated at the last minute due to space restrictions....which has got to be good if it means more NZ Scrappers being published! GREAT!

'til next time.....

4 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 07:47:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Forgot to ask is bazzill only 79 cents at spotlight????

 
At 5/03/2006 07:49:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thats strange my first comment didn't show anyhow a friend just got NIcs class pack good value I didn't know you could do the class without the pack. Is there much of a price difference.

 
At 5/08/2006 03:52:00 PM, Blogger Lara said...

I did the same Mandi (just paid for the class - still deciding whether to get similar bits or use my stash). Looking forward to it. Doing it late Wed night (NZ time).
Pleased I can make comments - wanted to last week but it wouldn't let me (not in your group).

 
At 5/09/2006 08:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard the Bazzill @ spotlight wasn't the 'real' thing that it may be a 'take off' like the stuff they sell at the Warehouse, but I haven't checked it out myself yet so can't say for sure, a good test is to fold it in half, if its cracks and shows white then its not the real Bazzill. Would love to do an online crop too, have to look into this :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home