Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Those things that we loved.....

We love Jack Johnson's sound...hence the change of soundtrack! My hubby is from Kauai, Hawaii and so is Jack, it reminds us of the laid-back island style and this video clip is like swimming back home. Warm, weight-less, blue...nothing like the cold, heavy, grey that we are experiencing over here at the mo! Better yet...Curious George was Erick's favourite book as a boy so he can't wait to introduce our kids to the joys of this cheeky little monkey. Any other George fans out there? Speaking of home, I did this for my MIL. Really OLD photos of Erick's sister that I had restored at the LAB, heard they were the best around but until I went to pick this photo up, I didn't believe it. Wow, if you had seen the original which went through Hurricane Iniki, you wouldn't appreciate how good the restoration guy was. Amazing. Mom is going to love this as it was her favourite photo but completely ruined. In other news, UP2Scrap's latest edition is out! Loved my layout in this issue, but the colors look dull in the mag, which is normal for any published work. If they look good on the page...they are usually STUNNING in real life! Unfortunately my Tip for Working with Old Photos had the word "Travel" added to it even though it wasn't specific to travel and the layout with a mini-technique class also couldn't make it into this issue due to space issues (which is good news for everyone submitting work! - means it is growing!). Maybe next issue! Until next time...stay warm! I'm off to play with one of the new kits from Memories Revisited - these are just so neat and I see Nic Howard has just designed one for them too, which I've ordered from Karen. Inside info: they are selling out fast so if you want any, get in quick!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home