Monday, August 14, 2006

Nothing Like a Bit of Balance

So I learnt from Cathy Z this weekend!~ Crafting Connection was awesome, wonderful to just hang out with friends and new acquaintances. Met sooo many great people....and fell in love with Cathy Z and Donna Downey all over again! Always been a huge fan of theirs....to met them in real life was just awesome. Ali E I wasn't sure about....BUT WOW! is she neat or what???? Nic Howard was soooo tiny and sooo slim, I couldn't believe that girl eats chocolate! Will post some pics tomorrow once I've looked at them myself! Got the latest issue of Up2 in the mail today....very wet....and loved all the work from soooo many talented Australasian chicks...but mine was printed only as a single page...on a double layout...and as all you "Cathy Z" fans know, that is NOT balance. So Here it is in all its' simple glory. I love all the BUSY that is happening on layouts at the mo....but it ain't me and Cathy just reinforced for me that my first love is to tell the story....it isn't about the design or being the best, loudest, one with the most stuff....it's about leaving the legacy and memories. That is what i want to do more of. Thanks CZ for reminding me what it is all about....and Donna for making me never look at my builder husband's drill (and I mean DRILL girls!) the same again!!! LOL!

2 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 07:14:00 AM, Blogger Lara said...

those are some of the things I learned from CZ's clean & simple too. Love the whole putting it into perspective thing.

 
At 8/19/2006 10:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome that you got to meet Cathy Z - I have just got her 2 books - both signed!! and they are just fabulous. Would have loved to have met her - just love her blog!
All the best for your photography and your boy is so cute!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home