Saturday, October 28, 2006

Stay at Home Mom

I've wanted to write for some time about my changing role as a SAHM...sometimes it is fantastic and the best job on the planet but at other times I have really struggled with it. It is the fact that we are so unappreciated by the voice of public opinion. We have left jobs...careers...where are opinions are sort after, we've solved problems, organised others lives, taken on massive responsibilities and been paid. Then our babies arrive....and we carry on doing all these things (minus the money!) but no-one knows. No one sees the sacrifices, the committments, tears, worries, laughter, joy, trials and other things we give up so that our families can fulfil their dreams. I used to struggle with the unimportance of my life. Don't get me wrong, I know my life IS important. I'm raising humans who I hope will be beautiful, responsible, participating members of society. Adults who will give and bring joy into others lives. Our jobs are the MOST important, but not being acknowledged and told that doesn't matter anymore. I finally realised a while ago that it didn't matter if no one ever knew...God knows and my heart knows. More than that...I finally got it! It wasn't all about them...it was about me! I was becoming a better person, I was learning patience, kindness, goodness, caring, courage, strength, joyfulness, contentment and peace. All the things I wanted to pass on to my kids, I was learning first through my job as a SAHM. This is my Well Done. So this Layout celebrates my journey to this truth. Thank you Yolande! for the inspiration, inspiration (those typo's!) and chat on Friday night at your OnLine Class. Here's to all the SAHM's out there!

3 Comments:

At 10/29/2006 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Yolande said...

Awesome subject on this layout Mandi - love how it turned out and yeah might never live the typo down! Too funny! Thanks for your support in coming to my online class - I enjoyed it too!

 
At 10/29/2006 02:31:00 PM, Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

Love your layout Mandi, the new Crate paper is just gorgeous!! Completely agree with you 100% about everything you said about being a SAHM! Gorgeous photograhpy by the way as well!!

 
At 10/30/2006 12:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to be a SAHM soon... so it's a topic close to my heart. :)

Love the layout!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home