Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My Heart is Breaking

The above banner is courtesy of Carrie Young.... My colleague and amazing photographer Sheye Rosemeyer, lost her 3 year old daughter last night. It was a horrible tragic accident. She got locked in the family's black car which was parked outside in the full 36 degree sun and no one could find her for half an hour of panic stricken terror. The grandparents live next door and it is normal for the kids to flit between their house and home. Sheye said that Ava was being mischeivious as little kids are...and told Grandad she was going home but really she got in the car. Mom & Dad thought she was at Grandad's, he thought she was at home and by the time she was discovered she had been in a 60 degree car for too long. She fought bravely for two days in an induced coma but lost her battle last night. I can't even imagine the horror that family is feeling right now and their despair. The worst of it is, this is the fourth child this month in Australia. So please, hold your kids a little closer and tighter today and then take them outside and teach them to blow the car horn...hard and long if they are ever stuck in one. Sheye said she could go over the what ifs forever but the reality is, she can't take the last 72 hours back, all she can do is say to other parents, please teach your little one's to not play in cars, always lock the doors when you get out and show them where the horn is. Through the tears that have come and gone all day, I am so grateful that I belong to a wonderful community of photographers on "Grow"...a group that have rallied around and prayed, supported, cried and done practical things to somehow try and tell this family how much we love them and how we feel like we all lost Ava and her shining light too.

10 Comments:

At 2/06/2007 05:45:00 PM, Blogger nomo wino daph said...

OMGosh, how tragic. :( I am so sorry for your loss and that of her family. God Bless her little heart. What a beautiful little girl. Sneing many prayers to all involved.

 
At 2/06/2007 09:05:00 PM, Blogger Chris Millar said...

This is such tragedy Mandi. I feel so sad for her parents and grandparents. I think this was the tragedy I saw on the news the other day. It's just shocking. I will teach my kids about this.

 
At 2/06/2007 11:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel in shock reading this, I just can't imagine what they are going through right now. All the what ifs would tie you up in knots. I really hope that with time comes peace for this family.

 
At 2/07/2007 05:43:00 AM, Blogger Me said...

My heart weeps for all who knew this little girl. I pray for strength and peace for this family.

 
At 2/07/2007 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

What a tragedy Manid. Sending hugs and thoughts to you and the family concerned

 
At 2/07/2007 04:44:00 PM, Blogger Penny said...

noooo! That is just awful!

:( :(

Peace to all the family.

 
At 2/08/2007 07:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How absolutely tragic, what a terrible thing to happen. I hope it reminds everyone one of us to cherish and enjoy our own children as the gifts they are.

Now for something different "tag"! Your challenge if you choose to accept it is to come up with either 6 wierd things about yourself, or 6 things that make you happy. You can make a scrapbook page, or just post on your blog, then tag 6 other people ( and link back to me at http://megcampbellback.typepad.com/).

Hugs to you and yours, meg

 
At 2/09/2007 08:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats just so sad I can not even begin to imagine how this family are feeling. What an awful loss. I'm praying for this family.

 
At 2/10/2007 01:21:00 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I don't know what to say. Words just fail me at times like this. I feel sick instead. This could happen to anyone - such a seemingly simple thing. It must have been her time for some reason. I will certainly go & hug my children & teach them about this. Thanks for sharing this with us. Hugs to you too.

 
At 2/14/2007 01:05:00 AM, Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

I feel sick reading this post Mandi - my god how her parents hearts must be breaking to lose their baby girl! Made me go and check on our three and be thankful we have them....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home